General Purpose of the Position
To provide a full range of support to Business Advisory Services team providing administrative and business assistance, and to become an integral member of the support team. Duties include providing support to partners and employees, assisting in daily office needs, and managing the Department’s general administrative activities.
- Create, modify, and final delivery of well-prepared documents related to the Department such as engagement letters, proposals, advisory reports, presentations, among others.
- Assist with the client acceptance process, including but not limited to:
- preparation of Conflict/Background Checks forms
- create clients in Practice CS, SharePoint, BDO Portal, etc.
- Serve as a back-up to Assurance Support Services team in the preparation of business proposals (Firm-Wide).
- Responsible for data entry of new clients and maintenance of client data base (projects pipeline) in the corresponding clients’ relationship management tools (e.g. Salesforce, Excel, etc.) including addition of contacts, email addresses, industry data, critical client field maintenance, client related actions, etc.
- Provide assistance with industry research and preparation of basic working papers when required.
- Participates and takes minutes of Department’s meetings, as required.
- Provide cover for other team members of the support services team (e.g. vacations, holidays, sickness, etc.).
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and appointments with clients. Prepare conference rooms.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners, practice staff and other key contacts, including other Support Services Department personnel.
- Serve as a Back-up for the receptionist.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires an Associate Degree in Office Administration. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related position.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
The employee must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish and excellent interpersonal skills. This person operates as a key front-line representative of the company, initiating contact and interacting with customers, company personnel, and third party. Must project a mature and well-balanced personality coupled with the ability to handle multiple priorities (multi-tasking). Constructive and effective time management plus the ability to work independently and exercise discretion are necessary. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, confidentiality, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have good judgment and effective problem-solving skills.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, and/or using office equipment.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.