General Purpose of the Position
Provide administrative support to the Tax department. Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project based work.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Create and modify documents related to the tax department such as engagement letters, proposals, and presentations, among others.
- Maintain copies of governmental agencies forms available.
- Receive and distribute internal mailing. Prepare and coordinate external mailing.
- Monitor and provide support to assure that tax documents are delivered on time to the corresponding agencies and are correctly filed with all required documentation.
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Verify and send updated information to the Department of Tax Form Preparation Program (federal, state and local).
- Provide support to other departments’ administration areas, as necessary.
- Provide operational support to the Tax Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires an Associate Degree in Office Administration and a minimum of five (5) years experience in related position.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
The employee must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish and excellent interpersonal skills. This person operates as a key front-line representative of the company, initiating contact and interacting with customers, company personnel, and third parties. Must project a mature and well balanced personality coupled with the ability to handle multiple priorities (multi-tasking). Constructive and effective time management plus the ability to work independently and exercise discretion are necessary. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, confidentiality, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have good judgment and effective problem solving skills.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, and/or using office equipment.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.