General Purpose of the Position
Responsible to prepare assigned individual, corporative, and other types of tax returns assigned in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of Puerto Rico and Federal tax return for individuals, estates, trusts, and all types of entities.
- Deal with governmental agencies to address tax matters.
- Registration of new business with all applicable governmental agencies.
- Any other duty assigned by the tax senior or manager regarding tax engagements, as needed.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires a BBA in Accounting; or one (1) to two (2) years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
Must project a mature, well-balanced personality. Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra. Ability to work with several projects at a time and have attention to detail.
Must be a person of high ethical standards. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) is needed.
- Ability to follow instructions and receives coaching to complete assignments.
- Good writing skills.
- In process of developing client relationship skills.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
- Apply information technology skills.
- Show high initiative and proactive.
- Knowledge of Firm culture.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to manage various clients at the same time.
- Knowledge in PR and US taxes preparation.
- Basic research and critical analytical skills for tax problem-solving.
- Understanding of Firm’s tax process and best practice.
- In process of developing reviewing skills.
- Ability to manage all tax returns process.
- In process of developing ability to identify risks and/or issues and suggest solutions.
The incumbent must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, using hands and arms, talking, hearing and/or using office equipment. No more than 10 lbs. to be lifted, if any. It has a close and clear vision needed.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.