General Purpose of the Position
Responsible for keeping financial records that track a company’s expenditures, profit and loss, cash flow, and other financial activities. Perform bookkeeping functions for the accounting departments of client companies and employ database and spreadsheet computer programs to do their record keeping.
- Process checks and deposits that result in monthly financial statements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Monthly review of the bookkeeping performed by the Company of checks and deposits.
- Prepare checks for payments.
- Payroll processing.
- Conduct Bank Reconciliations.
- Inform the Client of the monthly amounts due related to income tax, Social Security and professional services withholdings.
- Make deposits of income tax, Social Security and professional services withholdings.
- Prepare quarterly tax returns reports (SS, I/T, FUTA, SUTA, FSE etc.).
- Prepare IVU returns.
- Annually prepare W-2’s /480.
- Compile monthly financial statements and generate monthly unaudited reports, such as: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, General Ledger, Bank Account Reconciliation, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Check Register reports, and Investment in Subsidiary, among others.
- Any other related assigned general task to bookkeeping positions in the company.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires a BBA in Accounting. Minimum two (2) years experience in accounting/bookkeeping in general accounting procedures. Experience with full accounting cycle preferred including; Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and taxes, Collections, Business Taxes and Financial Statements. CPA, a plus.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
Must project a mature, well-balanced personality. Ability to write and speak fluently in both Spanish and English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to work with several projects at a time and have attention to detail.
Able to manage a busy load of bookkeeping transactions and to complete daily work on time with none or few mistakes. Must be a person of high ethical standards. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) is needed. Prior experience with QuickBooks and Peachtree accounting systems, a plus.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, and/or using office equipment.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.