General Purpose of the Position
Handles the daily administrative and HR duties of the Firm. Assist HR managers with recruitment, record maintenance, and provide clerical support to all employees. Coordination of all the logistics and resources related to the training and development policy, including recordkeeping of the CPE credits. Coordination of performance evaluations process Firm-wide. Manages and coordinates all activities for the wellness program.
Training and Development:
- Analyses the training requirements and needs for the staff.
- Coordinates educational sessions, both internal or external, including new hires training and progressive development of the Company.
- Coordinate the Continued Education Program, including maintenance of CE Log, CE program, and CE calendar. Analyze staff training requirements and needs.
- Implement BDO’s training and development curriculum, methods, and measures within the Firm.
- Complies with the company’s policies and state and federal law in the training and development process.
- Facilitator to leadership in order to identify appropriate professional growth, development and learning strategies, including:
- Assistance in the development of individual career path plans per level.
- Analyzing staff training requirements and needs such as the monitoring of personnel compliance with training minimum requirements for specific topics (e.g. GAGAS).
- Organize and coordinate all current and new wellness activities.
- Perform campaigns and challenges that educate and engage the Firm’s employees in healthy behaviors.
- Establish metrics to ensure proper program evaluation and to measure the effectiveness of wellness initiatives.
- Monitor engagement and performance evaluation timely completion and metrics. Assist in the performance trends metrics and professional growth progression of the personnel.
- Screening candidates resumes and job applications. Check references and background, evaluating qualifications and arranging for initial orientation and training for newly hired employees.
- Prepare contracts for Independent Contractors and keep their records up to date including contract renovations if applicable.
- Prepare job offers for regular, temporary employees and interns.
- Create ADP-Worforce Now employee file for access to the firm, onboarding experience.
- BDO-U Internship Program administration:
- Attend college career fairs, interact with students, and promote our employer brand and to identify potential candidates.
- Coordinate with hiring managers the resume screening process, candidates’ selections for interview, conduct interviews and perform skills assessment for internships participants and their professional interests.
- Coordinate all internship recruitment activities as Open Houses, Meet and Greets, Info Sessions, among others.
- Report the number of resumes received and prepare a data base for promotions and news after every career event.
- Contact university career counselors and provide informative materials about our internship programs.
- Liaise with professional association leaders to promote activities among colleges.
- Meet the firm’s leader to coordinate the year’s internship participants needs.
- Build and maintain good relationships with universities and other educational institutions.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Answering phones, responding to inquiries, and forwarding calls/messages as appropriate.
- Reproduction of new hire packages, employee manuals, benefits packages, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires a completed bachelor’s degree (BA) from a four-year college or university; and (2) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knows and applies administrative and human resources techniques such as talent management, training, performance evaluation administrations, metrics, and development plans. Possesses basic knowledge of applicable labor laws and regulations. Knows and follows Firm’s policies.
Must project a mature and well-balanced personality always. Must be fully bilingual (Spanish and English). Must be a team player and business-oriented collaborator. Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents is required. Ability to respond effectively to time or confidential sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to make effective presentations. Ability to work with multiple projects and tight deadlines simultaneously and have attention to detail.
Must be a person of high ethical standards. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) are needed, as well as planning and organization skills.
- Low level of supervision required, and minimum follow up or coaching from Supervisor.
- Logical and analytical mind.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional behavior.
- Apply information technology skills.
- Advance ability to manage various task and clients at the same time.
- Uses Firm’s resources from all departments efficiently.
- Business management knowledge and skills with national and international perspective.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, talking, seating, walking, and/or using office equipment.
This position usually performs in an office environment under business culture conditions and exposition to moderate noises.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.