Driven Advisors is a top-tier financial advisory firm focused on transforming the way in which companies and their teams see numbers, driving opportunities for change and growth.
General Purpose of the Position
The Administrative Assistants are responsible for providing high-level administrative support by preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing engagement letters, receiving visitors, preparing returns for filing, handling correspondence and telephone calls from clients.
- Answers and directs phone calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Coordinates meetings with clients as requested by the Partners/Directors/Managers.
- Prepares engagement letters and dummy invoices.
- Sends engagement letters to clients and follow up to make sure it is received before commencing the tax compliance work. Once the engagement letter is sent to the client, upload it to GFR.
- Once the 60% payment for the engagement letter is received, send an email to the Tax Service Coordinator and to the Billings and Collections Department to create a final invoice and post the payment.
- Uploads signed engagement letter to GFR, sends a copy to the Billing Department, so they can update billing control log of the Tax Compliance Department.
- Enters client information into Practice software, creates project description and include billing notes. If the client is new, assign client number and include contact name, address, and telephone number.
- Once the tax compliance project is completed, closed it in Practice.
- Participates in Firm’ business efforts by assisting managers and directors on proposals and engagement letters for new clients.
- Prepares transmittal letters as requested by managers and directors.
- Assists with the printing of the tax letters/memos in the Driven’s word format that are required to be paper filed. Prepare certified mailings and envelopes.
- Includes signature of managers, directors or partners to the tax returns that are paper filed once they are approved for filing. Prepares transmittal letters or certified mailings and envelopes, as required.
- Keeps a log of all the documents and tax returns processed and filed by mail to maintain control of the documents that are being filed on behalf of the clients. Make sure all returns and documents were properly filed at the corresponding agency with all the required documentation.
- Uploads tax returns, letters, engagement letters and any other document processed to GFR.
- Will be responsible for filing in GFR all returns sent by the seniors to the clients.
- Scans all documents processed in the tax department, send to GFRScan@drivenadvisors.com, with a copy to the manager, senior and client.
- Monitors the general mailbox from the Tax Compliance Department to provide to the staffs/clients the codes sent by SURI.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Tax Managers, Directors and Partners.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires an Associate Degree in Secretarial Science or a minimum of five (5) years experience in related position working in an Accounting firm, preferable.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
The employee must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish and excellent interpersonal skills. This person operates as a key front-line representative of the company, initiating contact and interacting with customers, company personnel, and third parties. Must project a mature and well-balanced personality coupled with the ability to handle multiple priorities (multi-tasking). Constructive and effective time management plus the ability to work independently and exercise discretion are necessary. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, confidentiality, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have good judgment and effective problem-solving skills.
PC/Laptop, Telephone, Calculator, Photocopier, Scanner, Facsimile, E-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, and/or using office equipment.
- CPA office environment, which may at times include a fast-paced work atmosphere, frequent phone calls and elevated noise levels.
- Shifts may include working long hours, holidays, and weekends to complete assigned projects and comply with deadlines.
- The use of common office machinery and equipment is commonplace, and may include occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, bending, and kneeling may be required.
- Long periods of sitting, and occasional standing and walking are required and may involve climbing stairs and/or walking up inclines.
- Position may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Non-smoking environment
Job Type: Full-time
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance