General Purpose of the Position
We are looking for a Business Service & Outsourcing Senior Associate!
- Process checks and deposits that result in monthly financial statements.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Monthly review of the bookkeeping performed by the Company of checks and deposits.
- Prepare checks for payments.
- Payroll processing.
- Conduct Bank Reconciliations.
- Inform the Client of the monthly amounts due related to income tax, Social Security and professional services withholdings.
- Make deposits of income tax, Social Security and professional services withholdings.
- Prepare quarterly tax returns reports (SS, I/T, FUTA, SUTA, FSE etc.). Must know preparation of State and Federal Tax returns.
- Prepare IVU returns.
- Annually prepare W-2’s /480.
- Compile monthly financial statements and generate monthly unaudited reports, such as: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, General Ledger, Bank Account Reconciliation, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Check Register reports, and Investment in Subsidiary, among others.
- Any other related assigned general task to bookkeeping positions in the company.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires a BBA in Accounting. Minimum two (2) years experience in accounting/bookkeeping in general accounting procedures. Experience with full accounting cycle preferred including; Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll and taxes, Collections, Business Taxes and Financial Statements, CPA, a plus.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
The employee must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish and excellent interpersonal skills. This person operates as a key front-line representative of the company, initiating contact and interacting with customers, company personnel, and third parties. Must project a mature and well balanced personality coupled with the ability to handle multiple priorities (multi-tasking). Constructive and effective time management plus the ability to work independently and exercise discretion are necessary. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, confidentiality, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have good judgment and effective problem solving skills.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, and/or using office equipment.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.