General Purpose of the Position
Perform most engagements with minimum supervision. Direct and review the work of Auditors and capable of making decisions on some tax matters. When unusual situations arise, present the pertinent information to the engagement manager and consult to solve them.
- Assists in the Audit engagement planning and execution.
- Prepares budget analysis and fees to discuss with Manager and Partner for proper action.
- Plans and define work distribution ad staff assignments.
- Develops and determine tests and procedures to be completed based on Audit areas.
- Supervises Audit staff assigned by the Audit Manager, including review of work performed by staff.
- Ascertains due dates are met and proper documentation.
- Effectively administer the budgeted hours assigned to the engagement.
- Provides recommendations to resolve internal control deficiencies noted throughout the Audit.
- Knowledge of firm’s policies and procedures, and also those specific to Audit matters.
- Possess knowledge in audit and accounting research, including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to work independently.
- Develop quality client relationships and loyalties.
- Any other related assigned general task to tax positions in the company.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires a BBA in Accounting. Minimum two (2) to four (4) years experience as an audit staff. CPA licensed preferred.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
Must project a mature and well-balanced personality. Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top managers, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to calculate figures, rates, ratios, and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to work with several projects at a time and have attention to detail. Ability to effectively communicate, verbal and written, in both, English and Spanish, and to work under pressure.
Able to manage a busy work load, work under pressure and to complete daily work on time with none or few mistakes. Must be a person of high ethical standards. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) is needed.
- Manages simultaneously various client engagements.
- Reduces manager time and responsibilities.
- Could be assigned to a client without any manager supervision assigned.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
- Provides effective on the job training to staff assigned.
- Receives continuous manager coaching to complete engagement.
- Supervise staff assigned to engagement.
- Client relationship management skills.
- Advance Audit technical knowledge.
- Stronger documentation and reviewing techniques.
- Identify risk and/or issues and provide solutions.
- Manage complex engagements and industries.
- Superior research and critical analytical skills for audits problem solving.
- Complete understanding of Firm’s audit process and best practices.
The incumbent must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Also, able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, and/or using office equipment. Most of the working time will be spent seated, talking or hearing.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions and exposed to moderate noise typical for work environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.