Tax Managers serve as the intermediary between clientele, staffs, and our Leadership team. They are responsible for planning, supervising, and oversight of daily operations for a variety of industries and clients in the United States and Puerto Rico. Tax Managers give their personal best in service and help foster an environment of trust, respect, and communication to ensure a positive experience for all having business with the company. Responsible for overall engagement performance, coordination, that adequate documentation is maintained and is properly filed in GFR, responsible for billings and collections and making sure our account receivable again is current with documented exceptions, and responsible for the quality of the compliance and other tax work performed, including tax advisory matters.
- Responsible for supervision of Tax Seniors and Associates to ensure accurate and timely completion of all returns and projects.
- Conducts primary and secondary reviews of complicated federal and state income tax returns, including corporate, partnership, fiduciary, and individuals.
- Reviews and audits client lists, compliance measures and deadlines.
- Works closely with partners and seniors to analyze risk assessment, technical issues and implements effective solutions.
- Proactively researches updates and regulations for all tax related matters (PR & USA Taxes) in order to improve tax planning and consulting services.
- Prepares tax memos and consultations on US and PR tax matters as needed.
- Effectively communicates with Leadership and Operations teams and acts as liaison between Firm and clientele.
- Initiates and develops new client relationships beneficial to the Firm. These can be professional, civic, and/or community service contacts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with clients; recognizes opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
- Organize and lead planning meetings on engagements.
- Supports Driven’s business initiatives.
- Manages the engagement economics, billing and collections and engagement letters.
- Keeps Partners/Principals and Directors informed of all developments, changes and/or matters related to client engagements.
- Evaluates & monitors the technical knowledge and performance of tax professionals according to Firm’s policy, and coordinates assigned projects based on staff skill sets.
- Coaches and develops less experienced team members; provides timely constructive feedback.
- Makes recommendations and facilitates opportunities for professional growth and development of all staffs.
- Participates in in-house and local/external learning and training sessions as an instructor.
- Actively manages work/life flexibility on engagements, including planning for vacations.
- Develops documentation and reviewing techniques for engagement workpapers.
- Reviews resumes and conducts interviews for recruitment of candidates and consultants.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required:
- CPA license required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a tax senior accountant in a CPA firm.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or other related fields preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree or certification in accounting, finance or other related field required.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the Firm’s policies & procedures, accounting standards & regulations, research techniques, analytics, and current tax laws and regulatory matters.
- Possesses exemplary budgeting & analytical skills, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with tax, accounting, and software programs, including Microsoft applications.
- Possesses excellent verbal, written, communication and collaboration skills.
- Fully bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Has a working knowledge of all reference sources available to Driven.
- Is a self-starter who works efficiently, remains attentive and completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Promotes diversity, and demonstrates inclusive behaviors, such as working with teammates from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical and professional standards.