General Purpose of the Position
Responsible for performing assigned audit engagements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare audit binders and confirmations.
- Complete audit tests, such as, cash, prepaid, and other current assets, fixed assets, expenses, liabilities within established time budgets.
- Assist audit senior in audit related matters.
- Perform audit procedures in accordance with unit programs using a risk based approach and best audit practices.
- Prepare professional working papers capable of supporting all findings and account balances.
- Prepare lead schedules and account groupings for financial statement purposes.
- Perform audit analysis using electronic and statistical audit techniques to expedite review.
- Provide feedback upon perceived irregularities noted through the audit.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires a BBA in Accounting; or one (1) to two (2) years of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
Must project a mature and well-balanced personality. Ability to read, speak and write in both Spanish and English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations. Knowledge on how to add, subtracts, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to work several projects at a time and have attention to detail.
Must be a person with high ethical standards. Able to work under pressure. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) is needed.
- May be assigned to be in-charge of small engagements.
- Receives continuous manager and senior coaching to complete engagement.
- In process of developing client relationship skills.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior.
- Apply information technology skills.
- Knowledge of firm culture.
- Ability to work with others.
- Ability to manage various clients simultaneously.
- Recent accounting graduate or basic knowledge of public accounting.
- Complete understanding of firm’s audit process and best practices.
- Ability to manage all audit cycle.
- In process of developing reviewing skills.
- Technical skills, especially managing spreadsheets.
- In process of developing ability to identify risks and/or issues and suggest solutions.
The employee must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, facsimile, e-mail.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, using hands and arms, talking, hearing and/or using office equipment. No more than 10 lbs. to be lifted, if any. It has a close and clear vision needed.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.