Tax Seniors are responsible for oversight and assignment of workflows to the Tax Associate Staffs. Coordination of information needed for the preparation of tax return and other tax compliance related matters assist with tax research and other tax matters assigned, including billing and collections administrative matters. Regularly communicates with clients, reviews tax returns, and ensures the efficient flow of tax returns and other clients projects. Assists with other responsibilities as requested.
- Supervises Tax Associate Staffs
- Reviews and/or prepares PR and Federal tax returns for individuals, estates, trust, partnerships, corporations, and various types of entities in coordination with Tax Associate Staffs.
- Coordinates with Tax Manager or Director on engagement, planning and execution of projects according to expected deliverables and timetables.
- Assists Managers and Directors in coordinating client projects and assigns projects and assignments to the appropriate Tax Associates.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is maintained for all work done including proper filing in GFR following Firm guidelines.
- Communicates with required governmental agencies on all tax matters.
- Develops client relationships and begins to identify needs the client may not recognize.
- Effectively builds relationships and shares knowledge & skills with coworkers to encourage a culture of Teamwork and collaboration.
- Establishes an inclusive work environment based on trust & mutual respect with the goal of achieving a positive and rewarding experience.
- Performs detailed analytical research on subject matters related to Puerto Rican and US tax & accounting laws & regulations in order to proactively provide accurate, efficient planning and consulting services.
- Develops documentation and effective review techniques according to the assigned projects.
- Supports the managers/directors through involvement in billing and collections.
- Participates in Firm’ business efforts by assisting managers and directors on proposals for new clients, engagement letters and identifying potential services for existing clients.
- Participates in in-house learning and training sessions writing content or as an instructor.
- Coaches associates and interns in their overall career progression; delivers prompt constructive feedback.
- Delegates tasks effectively, manages assignments of self and others focusing on completion of work within budget.
- Charges all hours appropriately for self and makes sure team members are fully utilized.
- Monitors workloads for all team members; adjust and reassign work accordingly to promote work-life quality. Encourages team dialogue.
- Properly identifies associated risks and provides effective solutions.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting, finance or other related fields required.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a tax associate staff.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or other related fields preferred.
- Has expert knowledge of all the Firm’s policies & procedures, as well as accounting, research, analytics, tax laws and regulatory matters.
- Stays current on all tax laws, regulations and guidance issued by the Puerto Rico Treasury Department, the Internal Revenue Service, and other governing agencies
- Has effective time-management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Has a working knowledge of all reference sources available to Driven.
- Is proficient with tax, accounting, and software programs, including Microsoft applications.
- Possesses excellent verbal, oral and written communication skills both in Spanish and English
- Is a self-starter who works efficiently, remains attentive and completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Promotes diversity and demonstrates inclusive behavior, such as working with teammates from different backgrounds.
- Approaches changes with flexibility and an open mind, treating new situations as opportunities for learning and growth; “Outside the Box” approach.
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards.
- May be required to pass criminal background check.