General Purpose of the Position
Plan, coordinate and review audits of financial statements to ensure these are executed properly and in accordance with firm policy and auditing standards. As well as supervising, coaching and mentoring audit staff and developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Define audit engagement planning and resources.
- Determine audit budget and fees
- Identify overruns/assist in billing matters & issues.
- Define work distribution and staff assignments/needs.
- Coordinate meetings and provide status reports to audit partner.
- Supervise audit staff and conduct engagement and annual performance reviews.
- Ascertain due dates are met.
- Provide audit and accounting advice to clients.
- Revise and approve the documentation according to the engagement schedule.
- Identify potential additional services and/or clients.
- Identify risks and/or issues, provide solutions to the engagement and effectively communicate solutions to the Partner.
- Assist clients in their requests.
- Office administration matters.
- Monitor and review audit work/ascertain all forms and work is completed for sign off.
- Provide coaching and mentoring/ Training and personnel development.
Education, Training and/or Experience Required
This position requires a BBA in Accounting and CPA license. Minimum three (3) years of experience as Senior Auditor.
Language, Skills and Knowledge
Must project a mature and well-balanced personality. Ability to write and speak fluently in both Spanish and English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to work with several projects at a time and have attention to detail.
Able to manage a busy load, work under pressure and to complete daily work on time with none or few mistakes. Must be a person of high ethical standards. Impeccable manners, punctuality, reliability, attention to detail and empathy are critical success factors. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) is needed.
- Provides effective on the job training to all personnel assigned.
- High ability to manage problems.
- Ability to supervise personnel.
- Reduces partner time and responsibilities.
- Advance client relationship management skills.
- Recognize market needs and ability to identify client opportunities and develop new markets.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional behavior
- Demonstrate abilities for Firms initiatives
- Business management knowledge and skills with nation and international perspective.
- Leverage technology to develop efficient audit process.
- Superior research and critical analytical skills for audit problem solving.
- Manage completely all aspect of audit process assigned, including time and departmental budgets.
- Identify risk and/or issues and provide solutions.
- Advance documentations and reviewing techniques.
- Complete understanding of Firm’s audit process and best practices.
- Advanced reports writing skills
The incumbent must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, and to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PC/laptop, telephone, calculator, photocopier, scanner, and facsimile.
The position requires normal physical effort when standing, walking, and/or using office equipment.
This position usually performs in an office environment under normal conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.